I receive via email many lists of things to do to make my life better over the course of the year. Since I really did not work this Mother's Day weekend, I've chosen to use a compilation of these ideas for my blog this week.
When I receive these lists people use the terms, God, Jesus and other labels for a higher being. I believe that all our answers are inside of us and so I've adjusted many of these to conform to my belief system. I'm hoping that these are of some value to you.
A list of 40 things to do to make life better.
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unhurried.
4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your health—mental, spiritual or physical.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places. Everything takes double the time expected.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what your inner guidance would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it or at least mentally put it on a shelf.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. Do something for the Kid in You every day.
16. Carry an enlightening or intertaining book with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19. Organized the spaces where you live and work so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write down thoughts, ideas and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Sit in silence. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try sleep.
24. Make friends with and spend time with like-minded people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite sayings/quotations/scriptures on hand.
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most) or avoid them.
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36. Every night before bed, think of five things about which you can be grateful. Then fall asleep. Dreaming has a way of turning things around for you.
37. Love the person with whom you live.
38. Do not let you children go around with a hole in their hearts where you blessing should be.
39. Do a kind deed every time it occurs to you. This will bring a wealth of energy and enthusiasm into your life.
40. Be uncommon, strive for excellence (no average), be extraordinary.